Injured In A Car Accident?
“After I got in a car accident, I was offered $45,000 as an ICBC settlement, but Mr. Legh obtained a judgment for over $300,000.” – A.C. Victoria, BC
Over the past 25 years, the Victoria ICBC claim specialists at Stevenson Luchies & Legh have successfully represented and helped hundreds of car accident victims receive the best possible settlement. If you have been injured in a car accident, our dedicated ICBC injury settlement team can help you get the settlement that you always deserved.
If you are worried about affording the services of a lawyer, you can rest easy. Our compensation is based on a percentage of the settlement achieved; that means there is no risk to you financially.
Our ICBC claim specialists are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week in order to help you and your family get through this process with as little stress as possible.
Related Legal Services
If you have been in an accident, you may require other legal services. The well being of all of our clients is very important to us, and we want to be proactive with any of your potential needs.
Personal Injury Law
If you have been injured you might be eligible for compensation. Medical treatment, missed work and other factors need to be considered. Our team can assist you in acquiring a personal injury settlement that meets your needs.
If you wish to keep your settlement secure for your family through trusts or other means, we can certainly assist. Our team can also assist with any tax issues or estate litigation that results from a settlement.
If you have been injured in an accident and you want to ensure that the business remains sustainable for your partners while undergoing treatment and healing, ask about our business related legal services. Our commercial law specialists can assist you in keeping the business running smoothly.
Frequently Asked ICBC Law Questions
- I have been involved in a car accident, what should my first steps be? – Most importantly, you should immediately seek medical attention. Many injuries caused by car accidents are not detectable right away, so an examination should be conducted even if you are not suffering from any obvious trauma. When you are able, it is a good idea to get your lawyer involved early on to ensure that statements and injuries are accurately reported to ICBC.
- How can Stevenson Luchies & Legh help me with my ICBC claim? – Stevenson Luchies & Legh will walk you through the entire claim procedure. Our ICBC claim specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We will help gather information, find doctors or occupational therapists when needed, arrange for the payment of medical expenses, obtain official reports and enlist experts in accident analysis. Our job is to help you and your family get through the entire claim process with as little stress as possible.
- What type of fee should I expect? – The fee is typically 25% of the amount we obtain for the client where we have resolved the case at least 30 days prior to trial. All legal fees are handled as a part of this percentage. If the claim is unsuccessful and you are not awarded anything we do not collect any fees.
- What is the average settlement for an ICBC lawsuit? – Every case will be unique to the circumstances involved, so quoting an average settlement figure is not very useful for many. While there is a limit of $345,000 (as of December 2012) for compensation awarded due to pain and suffering, there is no set limit for other damages such as the future income loss, loss of earnings, future health care costs or future housekeeping and home maintenance costs directly impacted by your claim.
- Is there any financial help that can be obtained while my case is being heard? – Our law firm can assist you in obtaining a loan for such situations.
Mr. Legh’s primary legal experience is in litigation. He has practiced in the area of personal injury for over 25 years, having acted for clients around the world. Settlements and judgments have been based on the nature of the losses suffered, and have been as high as $6.3 Million.
Mr. Luchies obtained a Bachelor of Commerce with Honors from the University of Alberta in 1987. He continued his education at the University of Toronto, and was awarded a Bachelor of Laws in 1990. He was the recipient of the Willis Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Law School and also sat on the Governor’s Council and the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Dean Search Committee. Mr. Luchies was the President of the Student Law Society in his year of graduation. Mr. Luchies was called to the Bar of British Columbia on August 1991.
A lawyer for 15 years, Mr. Stewart practices in Personal Injury and Family law. He has dealt extensively with ICBC to secure compensation for his clients. With respect to personal injury matters, Mr. Stewart’s primary goal is his clients’ recovery. When you have been injured in an collision, he can provide immediate, confidential advice on how to protect your rights, safeguard your future, and receive the settlement you deserve.
Mr. Smith’s primary area of practice is Family Law and Civil Litigation. He has been a member of the British Columbia Bar for twelve years and has appeared before courts at all levels throughout BC. He has also appeared before the Court of Queeen’s Bench in both Alberta and Manitoba and the Court of Appeal in Alberta.
Albert Berns joined Stevenson Luchies & Legh in 2011 and heads our Westshore Office. Mr. Berns has considerable skill as a trial lawyer, with experience at all levels of British Columbia Courts and Administrative Tribunals. Mr. Berns extensive experience litigating injury, construction, real estate, and debt issues allow him to give effective advice on a wide range of issues.
Daniel graduated from the University of Victoria Faculty of Law in 2000 followed by articles and employment at another Victoria law firm before joining Stevenson Luchies & Legh in 2010. Daniel’s career prior to law was in commercial real estate sales and leasing.
Before entering law, Mr. Lyons worked in software development. Stephen was a senior programmer, analyst, and software architect for leading video game and Internet-based gaming companies, including Relic Entertainment, Alea Software, Radical Entertainment, and Criterion Studios. As a result of his industry experience, Mr. Lyons is well-versed in the distinct needs of the technology sector.
Braden began his legal career as an articled student with Stevenson Luchies & Legh in 2016 and continued with the firm as a lawyer after being called to the bar in May 2017. He has experience in a variety of areas of law and is currently working on establishing a general practice with particular focus on family law and wills and estates. Braden is also able to assist clients in, personal injury, civil litigation (including small claims), and in some real estate related matters.