Family Law Deserves Respect
Your family is your first priority. At Stevenson Luchies & Legh we can provide all the support you need to find solutions that will work for your family. Our successful team of family lawyers includes experts in mediation, collaborative family law, and family law litigation.
The last thing anyone wants is a protracted, messy and painful court case. We always approach family law with the intention of finding creative out-of-court solutions. If this is not possible, we can represent you loyally with quality in-court services when necessary.
Our family law assistance:
- Composing prenuptial agreements
- Resolving child custody and child access issues
- Obtain support for spouses and children
- Handling the division of assets within a family or common-law relationship
- Arranging for the removal of a spouse from a family home
- Obtaining restraining orders, or limiting the contact of a spouse
- Obtaining a paternity order
- Providing counsel on adoption proceedings
At Stevenson Luchies & Legh, we have successfully represented hundreds of family law cases in Victoria, BC and beyond. Whatever your family needs, we can offer professional, courteous and sensitive support.
Frequently Asked Family Law Questions
- My spouse and I are separating. Should I move out of the house? – No. Moving out of the family home is one of many factors that can give your spouse the upper hand should a legal battle commence. It is best to contact your lawyer before moving out.
- When should I retain a Family Lawyer? – Seek counsel within the first year of separation. While you may desire a reconciliation, it is wise to be prepared with proactive solutions.
- What steps should I take when separating? – It is important to make sure that you keep yourself protected financially while a settlement is reached. Be sure to take care of all bills, credit lines and anything else that may be shared with your spouse. Make sure to give them ample warning of such changes so that they can make their own preparations.
- It is important to keep records of your finances and also of your access to children. In cases of abuse, catalog any instances of harassment or other problems that may occur.
- Most importantly, listen to your lawyer. It is easy to become overwhelmed or distracted in such a situation. Our team has been through many cases and is here to guide you through a very difficult time. Be sure to heed their wise counsel.
Related Legal Services
If you are dealing with a family issue, there are likely other legal services you need to consider. At Stevenson Luchies & Legh, we strive to give proactive advice to all of our clients, whatever their concerns.
Will And Estate Planning
Be certain that your assets and estate will be properly divided between the people you love. Your lawyer will make sure that your will is executed to exact detail, keeping your family and loved ones protected.
The control of your business, and the partnerships you have built up over the years need to be protected. Our team can guide you through the steps needed to ensure that all of your hard work is not lost or unfairly divided during a divorce.
Mr. Legh’s primary legal experience is in litigation. He has practiced in the area of personal injury for over 25 years, having acted for clients around the world. Settlements and judgments have been based on the nature of the losses suffered, and have been as high as $6.3 Million.
Mr. Luchies obtained a Bachelor of Commerce with Honors from the University of Alberta in 1987. He continued his education at the University of Toronto, and was awarded a Bachelor of Laws in 1990. He was the recipient of the Willis Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Law School and also sat on the Governor’s Council and the University of Toronto Faculty of Law Dean Search Committee. Mr. Luchies was the President of the Student Law Society in his year of graduation. Mr. Luchies was called to the Bar of British Columbia on August 1991.
A lawyer for 15 years, Mr. Stewart practices in Personal Injury and Family law. He has dealt extensively with ICBC to secure compensation for his clients. With respect to personal injury matters, Mr. Stewart’s primary goal is his clients’ recovery. When you have been injured in an collision, he can provide immediate, confidential advice on how to protect your rights, safeguard your future, and receive the settlement you deserve.
Mr. Smith’s primary area of practice is Family Law and Civil Litigation. He has been a member of the British Columbia Bar for twelve years and has appeared before courts at all levels throughout BC. He has also appeared before the Court of Queeen’s Bench in both Alberta and Manitoba and the Court of Appeal in Alberta.
Jo-Anne began her law career in 2007 and practices in the area of Family Law, Wills and Estates. She is one of a select few lawyers in British Columbia acting as Amicus Curiae to the court in Interjurisdictional Support Orders proceedings and Divorce provisional orders.
Before completing her JD at the University of Victoria, Juhi attended the University of British Columbia for a BSc where she studied, alongside a slew of Calculus and Science courses, ancient literature and mythology of South East Asia. Juhi also has a Certificate in Computer Information Systems from University of the Fraser Valley.
Braden began his legal career as an articled student with Stevenson Luchies & Legh in 2016 and continued with the firm as a lawyer after being called to the bar in May 2017. He has experience in a variety of areas of law and is currently working on establishing a general practice with particular focus on family law and wills and estates. Braden is also able to assist clients in, personal injury, civil litigation (including small claims), and in some real estate related matters.