Your Real Estate transaction is easy at Stevenson Luchies & Legh
- Guide you through the process
- Explain your rights and obligations
- Tell you how much it is going to cost.
From the first time home buyer to the established property developer, let us help you navigate through your real estate transaction.
You may also wish to complete a no-obligation Application for an estimate of your legal fees and disbursements.
Call us for an estimate if your Real Estate Transaction involves:
- Commercial Property/Lease
- Bare Land Subdivision
- Revenue Property
- Manufactured Home
- Land Development
- Transfer as per Separation Agreement/Order
Related Legal Services
If you are thinking of buying, selling or refinancing property then there are other legal services you might need to consider. Stevenson Luchies & Legh offers a variety of different services and we always give proactive advice to help you.
For those looking to develop or subdivide their property, our expertise will prove to be invaluable. We will help you navigate through the complex world of municipal land use law to launch your project into action.
Will and Estate Planning
You need to be certain that your assets and estate are properly divided between the people you love. Our team will make sure your will is executed to the exact details you lay out, keeping your family and loved ones protected.
Frequently Asked Real Estate Law Questions
- When should I talk to a lawyer about the purchase of a home? – You should contact a lawyer as early on in the process as possible. A lawyer will check the title of property, review the contract of purchase and sale, and assist you throughout the procedure. Once someone from our team is involved, they will work hard to cover all bases and protect your interests.
- What information should I bring with me when I speak with a lawyer about my purchase? – Your lawyer will need the following information in order to get started: the full legal names and occupations of everyone who will appear on the title and on the mortgage; the full legal names and the contact information of any guarantors/covenanters who are included in the mortgage; the contact information for the insurance agent; if GST/HST is applicable in the sale; if you are a resident of British Columbia; and finally if you are considered a First Time Home Buyer, as a rebate may apply.
- When should I meet with a lawyer regarding the sale of my home? – Again, the earlier a lawyer is involved in the process the better. Usually, a real estate lawyer should be met with at least ten days before the completion date.
- Do you offer advice on other real estate transactions? – Yes, at Stevenson Luchies & Legh we offer a variety of services related to real estate law. We can help you with commercial properties, plans for development or subdivision of a property, or help you refinance your mortgage. We are your law firm for all of your real estate needs.
Here are some helpful links to assist you when buying a home.
You can also download the following for more information:
Buying a Home – How Does a Lawyer Help you?
Selling a Home – How Does a Lawyer Help you?
I wish I would have known…Buying or Financing.
I wish I would have known…Selling.
Before entering law, Mr. Lyons worked in software development. Stephen was a senior programmer, analyst, and software architect for leading video game and Internet-based gaming companies, including Relic Entertainment, Alea Software, Radical Entertainment, and Criterion Studios. As a result of his industry experience, Mr. Lyons is well-versed in the distinct needs of the technology sector.