Injured In An Accident?
We protect the rights of the victim. If you are suffering due to the negligence of another individual, the malpractice of a medical professional, or the careless upkeep of someone else’s property, please call and tell us your story.
Everyone deserves fair treatment. We promise to listen carefully, and respectfully. We might ask some questions of our own, but we will do our best to keep it simple and make it easy for you to understand the options available.
Not every case gets to the courtroom. Often, we are able to reach a reasonable settlement through negotiations with adjusters or mediators. Sadly, fair deals are not always on the table. This is what makes the services of Stevenson Luchies & Legh’s personal injury lawyers in Victoria so valuable. Our team has successfully represented hundreds of personal injury cases, giving us the experience necessary to take your case to trial when you need it.
We are paid on percentage, meaning there is no risk to you financially. Call us today.
Related Legal Services
If you have been injured, you may wish to consider more than one avenue of the law in order to ensure the continued well being of you and your loved ones. Staying proactive will help to safeguard the future.
In the case of a motor vehicle accident, we recommend speaking to one of our lawyers who specialize in ICBC claims. With the benefit of their experience, you will know all the right steps to take when submitting your claim in order to reach the best possible settlement.
Sometimes delicate family matters arise during cases of personal injury. If this is the case, you will want someone with the experience and sensitivity to handle all of the important legalities, and represent you in a responsible manner.
A large settlement can bring much relief, but it can also bring new questions about the future. Estate planning is a very important step in safeguarding the future well being of your family. Our team can help you build a responsible plan for the dividing of your assets.
For those who have had a personal injury and want to ensure the sustainability of their company, or for those wishing to provide support for their business partners while they undergo treatment and healing. Our business law professionals can assist you in keeping the business running smoothly.
Frequently Asked Personal Injury Law Questions
- What categories does a personal injury lawsuit fall into? –
Since these accidents are usually the result of the negligence or wrongdoing of another person, company, government agency, or other entity, personal injury categories can stem from a slip and fall, a motor vehicle accident, a bicycle accident, a pedestrian accident, an assault, a sexual assault or an act of negligence.
- How long does a personal injury lawsuit usually take? – Depending on the significance of the case and the length of time it takes your injury to heal or plateau, it can take up to 2 to 3 years.
- What type of fee am I to expect for my lawsuit? – The fee is based on the specifics of the case and is typically 25% of the amount we obtain for the client if we resolve the case at least 30 days prior to trial.
- What is the average settlement for a personal injury lawsuit? – As every case is unique to the client’s circumstances there is no real average for settlement figures. While there is a limit of about $345,000 (as of Dec 2012) for pain and suffering, there is no set limit for other damages such as future income loss or loss of earnings, future health care costs or future housekeeping and home maintenance costs.
- What steps does a law firm take when helping a client?
1. Our law firm will help with the gathering of information, hiring an occupational therapist if needed, hiring doctors, arranging for the payment of medical expenses, obtaining expert reports and hiring experts in accident analysis.
2. If you have been injured in a car accident, the ICBC Claim Lawyers at Stevenson Luchies & Legh will walk you through the entire claim procedure. Our dedicated ICBC injury settlement team can ensure that you get the fair and just ICBC settlement you deserve.
3. We arrange for our services to be covered by a percentage of the settlement. We can also obtain help for you to manage your financial commitments during the time it takes to resolve your case.
4. Our ICBC claim specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you and your family get through a difficult process with as little unnecessary stress as possible.
- Is there any financial help that can be obtained while my case is being heard? – Our law firm can assist you in obtaining a loan for such situations.
Mr. Legh’s primary legal experience is in litigation. He has practiced in the area of personal injury for over 25 years, having acted for clients around the world. Settlements and judgments have been based on the nature of the losses suffered, and have been as high as $6.3 Million.
A lawyer for 15 years, Mr. Stewart practices in Personal Injury and Family law. He has dealt extensively with ICBC to secure compensation for his clients. With respect to personal injury matters, Mr. Stewart’s primary goal is his clients’ recovery. When you have been injured in an collision, he can provide immediate, confidential advice on how to protect your rights, safeguard your future, and receive the settlement you deserve.
Albert Berns joined Stevenson Luchies & Legh in 2011 and heads our Westshore Office. Mr. Berns has considerable skill as a trial lawyer, with experience at all levels of British Columbia Courts and Administrative Tribunals. Mr. Berns extensive experience litigating injury, construction, real estate, and debt issues allow him to give effective advice on a wide range of issues.
Before entering law, Mr. Lyons worked in software development. Stephen was a senior programmer, analyst, and software architect for leading video game and Internet-based gaming companies, including Relic Entertainment, Alea Software, Radical Entertainment, and Criterion Studios. As a result of his industry experience, Mr. Lyons is well-versed in the distinct needs of the technology sector.
Braden began his legal career as an articled student with Stevenson Luchies & Legh in 2016 and continued with the firm as a lawyer after being called to the bar in May 2017. He has experience in a variety of areas of law and is currently working on establishing a general practice with particular focus on family law and wills and estates. Braden is also able to assist clients in, personal injury, civil litigation (including small claims), and in some real estate related matters.